All children, particularly orphans, need a safe place to grow. Caring for orphans and nurturing them with the basics like food and clean clothes, and access to education, increases the likelihood of them becoming positive members of their communities. Changing their narrative from being vulnerable to resilient.
In the world of togetherness, Many deprive of the need for food, shelter, basic needs and necessities. When it comes to orphan kids, education plays a key role too. If once they are groomed to be a better person, life itself gives them fruits and enriches their lives with more added advantages.
- 1 out of 3 turns out to be the child bride in the world is from India as of UNICEF 2014.
- Out of 472 Million people in India, 40% of India's population are children.
- There are 46 Million children aged 6-18 years who don't go to school.
- There are 33 Million children work as child labour instead of going to school.
- 47% of the younger children have been malnourished in India. I.e., 400 Million children under the age of 18.
- Many scenarios like poor infrastructure, lower social development and social inequality because of the political, cultural or religious conflicts resulted in the poverty line.
- There are above 5,55,000 orphans who belong to villages in rural India.
- Due to poor social status many children turned out to be the daily labour and slavery for their survival.
Most of the time, children are left in orphanages because their widowed mother cannot afford to take care of them and their fathers are gone through disease or conflict. These widows put their trust in the orphanage to feed, clothe and educate their children and provide them with a stronger start in life.
What do we do?
iDonate Organization aspires to bring change in at least a few lives by providing food, shelter, education etc.
- Around four (4) orphan homes are managed and maintained by our iDonate organization in and around Andhra Pradesh.
- We believe in giving and shaping out people for a better future. So, around 180 orphans and semi-orphans were being served with proper education, books, shelter, clothing, nutritious & healthy food, basic necessities etc.